Film Club – 20th Animation Show of Shows
Friday, February 15 @ 7:30 PM| $10
Doors open 6:30PM | Film Starts 7:30PM
Free Admission for Film Club Members | $10 for Member Guests and General Public
Become a Film Club Member
As a non-profit organization, the Empress Film Club depends on the loyalty of our members. Members receive free access to advance screenings, exciting new releases, and participate in our film selections and festival planning. Join our community of engaged and diverse film-lovers as we continue to deliver programs that entertain, enrich and educate. Meetings are every second Thursday of the month.
ANIMATION SHOW OF SHOWS presents 15 thought-provoking, poignant, and very funny animated shorts from around the world. In a year when the best and worst of human nature has been on constant display, the works in this year’s show remind us of both the universality of shared ideals, as well as the diverse challenges we face.
“Animation is such a flexible and open-ended medium that it lends itself to exploring the innumerable aspects of what it means to be human,” says founder and curator Ron Diamond. “And this year’s program, as much as any of our past presentations, really illuminates human strengths and foibles, and the bonds that unite us across cultures and generations.”
The show has a running time of 98 minutes and includes 15 films, four of which have qualified for Academy Award® consideration *.
The complete lineup, in order of appearance, is:
- The Green Bird* – Maximilien Bougeois, Quentin Dubois, Marine Goalard, Irina Nguyen, Pierre Perveyrie, France
- One Small Step *– Andrew Chesworth, Bobby Pontillas, U.S.
- Grands Canons– Alain Biet, France
- Barry– Anchi Shen, U.S.
- Super Girl– Nancy Kangas, Josh Kun, U.S.
- Love Me, Fear Me– Veronica Solomon, Germany
- Business Meeting– Guy Charnaux, Brazil
- Flower Found!– Jorn Leeuwerink, The Netherlands
- Bullets– Nancy Kangas, Josh Kun, U.S.
- A Table Game– Nicolás Petelski, Argentina
- Carlotta’s Face– Valentin Riedl, Frédéric Schuld, Germany
- Age of Sail* – John Kahrs, U.S.
- Polaris– Hikari Toriumi, U.S.
- My Moon– Eusong Lee, U.S.
- Weekends* – Trevor Jimenez, U.S.